Updated as of June 15, 2020
We are open with many important changes to how we do things. These new policies, procedures, and rules are based on New Hampshire state guidance as well as best practices from various sources, in particular the US Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), the Climbing Wall Association (CWA), and the American Mountain Guides Association (AMGA). As always, we are working to manage risks while creating an awesome climbing environment.
Please note the “updated as of” date above and check back often as our practices will likely evolve over the coming weeks and months.
Here’s what we require of you:
- As required by state reopening guidelines, admissions to our facility are limited to 50% capacity. We are allowing a maximum of 20 participants in the climbing gym at any time. Climbing is no longer limited to advance appointments only. However, you may ensure access by reserving your climbing session in advance by clicking here. If you do not reserve in advance and we are at maximum capacity, you will need to wait for someone to leave.
- All will be screened before entering N3C. You may not enter the climbing area if any of the following apply:
- You are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19
- You have a fever of 100.4 degrees F or higher (we use a no-touch thermometer to check at the front desk)
- You have been in close contact with someone who is suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- You have traveled in the past 14 days internationally, by cruise ship, or domestically outside of NH, VT, or ME on public transportation (e.g., bus, train, plane, etc.).
- Face masks are required at all times in the climbing area. If you don’t have one, we’ve got one for you.
- Hands must be sanitized upon entrance to the climbing area. We have hand sanitizer for you.
- Keep 6 feet of space between yourself and anyone with whom you do not live.
- Follow all of our normal rules. You can find them here.
- Please be patient, kind, and considerate. We all want to have fun, get stronger, and stay healthy!
Here’s what we (N3C staff) are doing:
- Washing/sanitizing hands before entering and regularly throughout the day (including between climbing sessions).
- Wearing masks at all times.
- Wearing gloves when cleaning and working behind the front desk (i.e. while handling money, cc, or handing out equipment).
- Maintaining physical separation with others.
- Not physically assisting except in emergencies.
- Cleaning and disinfecting, to the best of our ability, frequently touched surfaces before opening, between climbing sessions, and upon closing.
- Being as awesome and friendly as we always try to be!