To ensure that climbing at N3C is an enjoyable experience for everyone, we ask all participants to adhere to these guidelines.
- A “Visitor and Liability Release Agreement” form is required of all participants.
- All climbers must check in at the front desk before climbing.
- All climbers under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a parent or adult unless in an N3C program.
- All climbers must be tested for top rope or lead belaying by an N3C staff member prior to belaying in this facility.
- Proper belay technique, as determined by N3C staff, is required at all times. Belayers must stand while belaying. We reserve the right to revoke belay privileges if proper belay technique is not demonstrated.
- N3C does not allow the use of hip belays, figure-eight devices, or munter hitches. Only UIAA approved climbing gear is allowed.
- Climbing is a dangerous sport. All climbers must utilize the double check safety system before each and every climb.
- In accordance with Health Department regulations, shirt and footwear are required at all times.
- No climbing or belaying is allowed while under the influence of intoxicating substances.
- All gear, clothes and packs should be stored in cubbies or in lockers in the locker room. Locks may not be left on lockers overnight. N3C is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- The N3C bouldering guidelines must be observed when bouldering in this facility.
- No outside shoes are allowed to be worn in the climbing gym. Please remove shoes before walking onto the climbing surface. (Shoes can be stored in cubbies by the entrance).
- No food or drinks are allowed in the climbing gym. (Water bottles are ok!)
- Helmets are available for children at no cost. They are to be used at the discretion of parents / guardians.
- N3C reserves the right to ask any person to stop any behavior that is considered unsafe, unsanitary, or unpleasant to the majority of our patrons. Good common sense, as well as courtesy and consideration for others, should be employed at all times.
Failure to observe these rules may result in your dismissal from the facility!
All visitors, whether they are climbing or not, must complete a Visitor Agreement. Any visitor under the age of 18 years must have their parent or legal guardian sign their form.